Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

I love 3 day weekends. I was thinking of how much more productive I think I would be, if I worked 4 and was off 3. Wouldn't that be the perfect schedule? O'well, I don't think my wish will ever come true, so I continue. Friday night, Mattie spent the night with her Mimi & PopPop, who also had their grand-dog, Brodie. Mattie claims Brodie woke her up too early Saturday morning, I got a real kick out of that, because this is the child that has never slept past 6:30am in her life. While Mattie was gone, we did a few things around the house. It was also PopPop's birthday, so we all went to dinner Saturday night. Then we came home and played outside. Some had fun, and some didn't.......


Nathan took the Frisbee...


He just wanted to play too...

Sunday was Church, then Mattie and I headed to a friends house in Florence. We had only gotten as far as Madison, Alabama when my co-pilot started asking, "Are we there yet?", I knew I was in for a long ride. Soon thereafter, she fell asleep...whew.
While we were in Florence, I showed her around the town, where I used to live, where her daddy used to live, she was very unimpressed. She did find some interest in Leo the Lion. But he was just laying around in his cage, she really would have rather seen some real live Lion action moves, like in the movie The Lion King she just recently saw for the first time. Even though, she enjoyed seeing him.
When we got home, Nathan and Daddy had just woken up from their routine nap.

It just seemed like the perfect time to play in the sprinkler...or was it????




A wet diaper is just not fun at all....a tush only a mother could love!


Nathan preferred playing in the sink rather than the sprinkler.

On Monday, we decided we would venture to Monte Sano Park for some R&R...who am I kidding? We told Mattie the plan around 9:00am to deter her from wanting to go swimming at Nana's Pool, in which the water was freezing! So, starting at 9:15am she was ready to pack our lunch for the picnic. We made tye-dyed T-shirts and played, this lasted until about 10:30. We packed lunch, drinks, snacks, forks, fruit, it seemed like we had it all, except when we were eating, we quickly discovered we forgot napkins. Luckily, I am always a baby wipe ahead of the game. 1st crisis averted. Crisis #2, Nathan got down from the picnic table and headed to the playground, about 3 steps away from the table, he fell onto a large log and scrapped his usual injury site, his forehead. He got calmed down and approximately 1 minute later, crises #3 occurs. Mattie went down the slide for the first time, and scrapped her elbow AND knee. You would have thought, life as she knew it, was over. I would like to tell you she quickly got over her boo boo but still this morning before school we had to doctor the boo boos again with Strawberry Shortcake band-aids.

Obviously before the "log incident" and after a cheese stick...

Before skinning the elbow AND knee

aaaawwww how sweet......sporting the tye-dyed shirts we made :0)Am I always behind the camera?
Action photos.....
Fun times, fun times.....


~vikki~

3 comments:

Leah said...

Such a cute post! And you got some really good pictures!
Love those tye-dyed shirts, boy does that bring back memories! LOL!

Ginger said...

Those are great pics! I still need some lessons from you on how to get my pics where i want them on the blog. I fight with it every time.

Lady Driveri said...

Super blog! The vacation pics are great_all pics & stories are super!

I am still working on my blogili :-)

Taru