Monday, May 12, 2008

Another Great Weekend

Why can't the work week go by as fast as the weekend?
We had another great weekend although it started out pretty iffy.... Saturday morning we started getting ready for Mattie's game which started @ 12:00. Right before Mattie put on her uniform, the phone rings....I am totally unprepared for Coach C to tell Matt that the other team has called and forfeited. So, Matt yells upstairs "the game is cancelled", you can only imagine my response, "WHAT" and he yells "the other team forfeited". Of course Mattie has no idea what that means, I can see the look on her face, total confusion. I know she is thinking, it's not raining, why is our game cancelled. So, I explain what forfeit means. And with the innocence of a child, she said, "maybe the team is on vacation at the beach", and with the innocence of a mother, I reply, "yeah, maybe". So, my next thought is, how do I entertain the children today??? My mind says, you can take them to the park, then my mind says, NO. Then I remember we have had tickets to the Tennessee Aquarium. We got the tickets and planned on going a couple of weeks ago, but there were threats of tornado's so we stayed home that day. Since then, we have not had a free Saturday with T-Ball. So, here was our chance for a "road trip". Matt asked Mattie, "do you want to go to the aquarium today?" her response, "can we take snacks?" He shakes his head and says, "yes Mattie, you can take snacks." Not really the response we were looking for, but that's just Mattie. So she heads downstairs and packs her backpack with who knows what......and were off to see the fish! Matt says this would be a mini trip to see how it would be when we go to the beach in June. Well, let me tell you, by the time we pulled out of the driveway and I got the DVD player going (in which I had to have my head upside down) and getting the kiddos a snack and juice and one screaming for what the other one had... I think I will just send Matt and the kids to the beach....I was exhausted and we were still in our neighborhood!
I got a new digital camera for Mother's Day, hence all the pictures......


The Stingray's were the first exhibit to see. Beautiful creatures, but not a big fan as one of their own killed the Crocodile Hunter...it was a sad but brief moment...moving on.....

Notice, Mattie's not so sure I like these birds squawking behind my head look.

Nathan, not really sure what we are doing. Why did we just drive and hour and half?

The Penguins were my favorite, I think I loved them so much because they walk just like Nathan does....it is sooooooooo cute. Here is Mattie, in the ultimate tourist photo pose and the camera bag around her neck and all......

Eye to eye with a penguin.....there's a first time for everything....

Nathan trying to pet the baby alligator's, thank goodness for the glass wall separating the two!

I love this picture......

Having a mother son moment.....wonder where that kid's mother is????










Outside of the aquarium there are little wading creeks. Mattie was having a fit to stick her feet in the water. I agreed to let her get her FEET wet only. I left Matt with the kids while I ran to restroom.

Upon my return, from my half second bathroom break....

A child with soaking wet shorts...... she had a blast and that's all that matters to me!

Other shots with my new camera.....

Nathan drinking his sister's juice while she was asleep on the ride home.



My silly boy, he gets that from his daddy....

Typical weekend movie night at the Boyett household. Movie night goes hand in hand with Popcorn!

And last but not least, check out the drop of drool on my blue eyed baby boy.....

~vikki~









1 comment:

Ginger said...

Vikki, you can never leave the children alone with the dad! You should know that by now! hahaha