Monday, May 5, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

Isn't is so sad that during the week I don't blog? I just don't feel like I have anything to write about. Mostly what goes on during the week is; work, school, practice; work, school, practice, you get the idea. But come Monday morning, I am ready to unload! So, here goes.
Saturday morning we had a T-Ball game scheduled for 10:15 and guess what? I bet you guessed it, it got rained out. SHOCKING, that is our 3rd rain out. If they reschedule all these games we have missed we will probably be playing ball year-round. But that's neither here nor there....so, I digress. I had been preparing Mattie on the on chance that her game would be cancelled, so, when it was, it wasn't as big of a let-down as we have seen in the past. Plus, my best friend from college and her 10 year old daughter were coming into town to go to High School Musical, The Ice Tour and they were going to spend the night. Therefore, Mattie had other things to occupy her mind besides not playing 3rd base and getting hits in "the big game".
Mattie and I met Neely and Kaitlyn at Madison square mall for lunch and we walked around a lot to pass time before the Big Ice Show! It was a great show. Mattie and Nathan LOVED it and Matt and I had a good time too. It is amazing how fast my 2 kiddos can demolish a bucket of pop-corn. After the show, Matt took Nathan home so the girls could hang out. We headed over to Bridge Street for dinner. We ate at Ketchup, a very unique dining experience for us. We did feel a bit out of place. Unfortunately we left our stilettos at home and we had 2 kids with us. I should have had a clue when I asked for a kids menu and the waiter looked at me like I was speaking Greek. Like I said, a very unique dining experience. By this time we were exhausted. We headed home and got "the mattress" out for the girls to sleep on. They fell asleep watching High School Musical because they hadn't had enough.



So, Sunday we headed to Church then lunch then home. Of course, Mattie had swim lessons and a roller skating birthday party. We cut out of swim a few minutes early and headed to roller skate. Yes, I had to rent those brown skates with the orange wheels, you know the ones. Again, I had to help Mattie around the rink because Kaitlyn said she didn't know how to go slow, she only knows how to go fast...and sure enough, she left us in the dust. After the party we headed home, Neely and Kaitlyn headed back to Florence. Mattie fell asleep at 6:30 and slept for 12 hours, a first for her, I think. Whew...what a wonderful weekend!!
I am still on the wagon of diet and exercise. I just don't know how the whole weekend can go so fast, but when I am on the treadmill, it feels like eternity. Like this morning, I am walking along with my eyes closed (b/c it's 5:30am and I am exhausted), and I think to myself, wow, I must be getting close to my 15 minute mark. I open my eyes to see the timer, get this, I had been walking for 5 minutes and 4 seconds. Are you kidding me? I really need to check to see if there has been any recall memos on those timers, because I am sure it's broken, 30 minutes CANNOT be THAT long!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

That's why I don't exercise!

Gayle said...

Hi Vikki,
I love watching you and Leah raise your family. You both had great teachers. grin
love ya, Brenda

Amanda said...

I can't wait for Flor to have friends over to spend the night!!