Friday, May 23, 2008

Graduation 2008

Mattie had her Pre-Kindergarten Graduation last evening. She woke up yesterday and said, "mom, today is my special day". She has been so excited these past few weeks practicing her "Welcome" speech, which was verbatim, "Welcome to the Pre-K Graduation". I can't tell you how many times I have heard that phrase. She did an awesome job speaking in front of a semi-large crowd. I think I was more nervous than she was, but that's pretty typical of me. The graduating class sang songs, presented a book project that they have been working on, and a rose to their parents. They received awards and diplomas. It was a very special occasion that made the children feel special. On the way home, she asks, "mom, will I graduate from every grade?". She was really hoping that was the case. She really like receiving gifts and flowers for graduation. "No Mattie, you will graduate from Kindergarten, 8th grade, High School and College". She dropped the conversation with a very puzzled look on her face and I didn't proceed either. I really didn't want to try to answer her famous question, "Why?"
Here are a few highlights from the evening plus a few others just because......


Such an intellect

Studying her diploma

Performing for the audience, one of her favorite pastimes...


Mattie and her best buddy since 8 months old

Proud mommy moment

That's why she was wired last night....2 pieces of cake!

Her daycare director.....an awesome lady!

Mattie with Mimi and PopPop, proud grandparents!
Mr. Handsome

No so sure whats going on here....don't think I want to know.....
Mr. Cool................

~vikki~

1 comment:

Ginger said...

What a big girl!!!! I know you were a proud mom! :)