Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend Update

I just know everyone is anxiously awaiting to hear how the Jonas Brothers 3D movie turned out. Well, we dropped off brother at Mimi & pop-pop's house because we have learned from a past experience that a 2 year old is not so much in favor of keeping the 3D glasses on the entire movie and not that interested in watching a fuzzy movie either. So off to the show, mommy, daddy & Mattie. We get there pretty early and make our popcorn purchase and head to our seats. After seeing the advertisements roll through several times, it was showtime. Mattie was mesmerized, I was enjoying the entertainment and the 3D experience and I think Matt was enjoying his eyes being closed, pretty good for a $15.00 nap. Yes, tickets to a 3D movie are 15.00 each, so 45.00 for tickets and 15.50 for a medium popcorn and 2 large cokes = 60.50 for 3 people to go to a matinee....go figure? We enjoyed our one-on-one time with Mattie and loved how excited she gets about stuff like this. Props to daddy again, for taking one for the team. Mattie will always remember her daddy doing these things with her. Moments she will cherish and treasure forever.
So we head to get Mr. Nathan and stop by the house to pick up some items to drop off at a consignment sale.
We drop off the items and decide to run a few errands.
First stop: cell phone store. If anyone has ever been in a cell phone store with 100 other customers and 2 small kids. I feel sorry for you. We put our name on the list...I think we were customer 99 or something. To waste time, we are looking at all the phones, Matt is trying to decide which one he wants. I am picking up phones, Matt is picking up phones, and all of a sudden the loudest siren I have ever heard is sounding. I look around and see Mattie's face covered up by her hands. And I knew that instant, she sounded the alarm. EVERYONE in the store was looking at us. I have Nathan on my hip, he has my hair, and Mattie crying and everyone still starring. Matt and I apologized to the manager and he assured us that it was not her fault, and that it was a faulty wire and it had sounded several times before on the same day. That is all fine and good, but it did not take the embarrassment away. And with that, we left the cell phone store.
After the crying stopped and we convinced her that they did not think she was stealing the phone, we had worked up an appetite. We enter an eating establishment. We are waiting in line. I am looking up at the menu behind the cashiers. In the corner of my eye, I see Mattie lean down and put her face in Nathan's face. I hear a slap, and I am sure Nathan took both hands and slapped her face together with his hands, because I hear her piercing cry again. So, I take Nathan's cheeks in my hand and scold him on how he should not slap his sister's cheeks. Mattie is still crying, so I look at her and blood is pouring out of her mouth. Huh? Did he slap her that hard? So Mattie and I sprint to the bathroom leaving an unsuspecting daddy clueless to what is going on. He had been staring at the menu the whole time. When we got to the restroom, I see one of Mattie's front bottom teeth protruding out, so I did what I thought was best in the time frame I had to think, I just pushed it back in. We got a cold, wet paper towel, the bleeding stopped and life is good again. Except for the constant reminding from Mattie that Nathan knocked her teeth loose. She had no idea the extent of the situation. So, again, we get Mattie to stop crying. She decides that she cannot eat. We did not order her anything per her request. So who ate all of Nathan's, Mattie did. OK, 2nd situation handled. Why do the Boyett's ever leave the house?
Moving right in to Sunday. The day of the snow. The kids really wanted to go play in the snow. Matt and I assured them as soon as we got home from church, they could play as much as they would like. As soon as Mattie left the church building, she started crying, there was no more snow. Ok, mom and dad will take the blame for this one. That just didn't turn out like we thought it would. Sorry kids.
So, here we are at the beginning of the work/school week, in which who knows what will hold......

Until next time~
Vikki

4 comments:

one BleSSed gal! said...

i really needed a good laugh today. sorry, i know it's not so funny when it ALL happened to you...rest assured i'll get my paybacks for laughing out loud when i read that. hope mattie is OK. boys!

Amanda said...

oh my goodness... i was feeling for you after reading this. what a weekend!!!

Sandie Gaught Mann said...

WOW, You all stay so busy!!!
Sorry Nana missed all that!!!!
XOXOXOXOXOX

Ginger said...

You crack me up! I have laughed so hard!