Thursday, March 12, 2009

Where does the time go? Stroll down memory lane...

I just ran across some pictures that my mom took (with her phone) the day of Nathan's surgery, he was only 4 weeks old. That day/whole time frame is somewhat of a blur to me, so I am very thankful for these pictures.







At about the 3 week old mark, Nathan started "projectile vomiting", literally across the room. After a week of trying to eliminate other things that it could have been from, he was diagnosed with Pyloric Stenosis. A thickening of the muscle between the stomach and intestine, so his milk was unable to pass through his system therefore it got backed-up as far back as it could be held, then you know what happened next. I am very thankful that is situation was not life threatening or a long-term problem. But every time I look at his scar on top of his belly button, I am reminded of my 4 week old baby. I can't believe he is already two. I just don't know where the time goes. I sure wish I could slow it down.


Well, I can't leave out YOU KNOW WHO...and I really can't believe she is coming up on the 6 year old mark. We have loose teeth, what a major milestone. Here are a few pictures of Mattie, day one.





I don't know the reason for my stroll down memory lane. Maybe because I am about to turn another year older and I just can't wrap my brain around how fast I have reached this point in my life. I am not old by any means, but my eyes get wider as I get older, just trying to take it all in. I am very blessed and very thankful for where I am in my life, and I give all the praise and glory to God.
Until next time~
Vikki

No comments: