Thursday, February 26, 2009

Update

I know I have not posted in quite sometime. There really has not been a whole lot going on lately (thank goodness). Since seeing the Imagination movers, we have celebrated Valentines day. In which my dear husband got me 2 dozen of the most beautiful multi-colored roses that lasted over a week. That is if I kept Nathan away from them because the way he enjoyed them was not by smelling them but by pulling the petals off hand fulls at a time. And to repay my husband with a heartfelt Valentine's Day gift was none other that a Romantic Craftsman Chainsaw. Nothing says I love you like a chainsaw, right? I am to practical to let a gift giving holiday go by without making a useful, logical purchase. We needed a chainsaw people, it's time to cut back our trees. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful husband who accepts my practicality. (I also got him a Wii game, I'm not that bad of a wife).


We also celebrated Matt's grandmother's 80th birthday. I almost could not enjoy the party because my dear son followed me around the whole time saying, "shirt off", so finally I gave in and took the child's shirt off. You know at my age, why fight the small stuff. Some may not agree with the battles I choose to fight, but this one was not one of them. I am the mommy, I can do what I want. In the meantime of dealing with the "wanna be streaker", Mattie had her hands in the ham the ENTIRE party. Not only is she a ham, she loves to eat ham. She can eat a package of lunch meat ham in one sitting if allowed. So you could imagine how excited she was that no one was paying much attention to how much ham she was eating. Although mommy knew.


The same week of the birthday party, Mattie came home from school with a sore throat. I got my flashlight out and did my motherly assessment, yep, it's strep. And, yep, it's 5:00pm. So off we go to the walk in clinic. Strep was confirmed and she was restricted to stay home one day of school. Fast forward a week, and mommy wakes up and can't hardly swallow. I head back to the walk in clinic and strep was confined. I was restricted to stay home one day. During my confinement to the house, I was doing laundry and bent over to pick up clothes and pulled a muscle in my back. So now, my throat hurt and my back hurt. I need to give kudos to my husband. He did everything in his power to let me rest alone. He took the kids out to eat, he took them to church, he took them to the grocery store. He even took Mattie to a play that we had tickets for. He is sure that he has enough point to last him a while. Thanks again Matt.


So, here we are a week later and we all seem to be on the up and up. Hopefully we will stay that way for a while. Mattie is signed up for Spring T-Ball and she can't wait. And as bad as I hate to admit it, I really can't wait either. There is just something about a ball field that I really like. I am sure toward the end of the season, I will have made a change of heart. Until then, it will be fun.


Coming up this weekend, Jonas Brothers 3D movie. I know Matt just can't wait.

No comments: