Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring Break Week

Last week was spring break. Mattie was out of school. Never before had Matt and I had to worry about childcare during this week because she has always been in daycare and thankfully they are open year round. So, to remedy the situation and not have to ask Pop-Pop, you know the grandfather with no job (per Mattie), I mean, the grandfather who is retired. Matt and I decided to split the week. He took off Monday and Tuesday. I took off Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in which Thursday was my birthday. It was a year ago, on my birthday, that I started here. Where O where does the time go? But I digress.
On Monday of spring break, Mattie and daddy headed to the Huntsville Public Library. Way to go dad, first day out of school and lets head to the library, the closest thing to school possible. On top of that, Matt said the air was out and it was a very stuffy situation. Mattie checked out 2 books, and my first thought was...who is going to have to take them back, um, that would be me. Thanks again dad.
So Tuesday rolled around and I am not recalling what they did on that day, probably went to every sport store in this town. I remember meeting them for lunch at Jason's Deli, one of Mattie's favorite spots. She is a salad freak.
Moving into my days with said daughter. Wednesday, we went shopping of course. We ended up at the mall and there, before our very own eyes, was bungee jumping. Well, not really, but the kind where they put you in a harness and attach you to some poles and you jump on a trampoline and such. So, after years of begging, today was the day momma said YES. It's spring break for crying out loud. She gets all hooked up and they raise her into the air, higher and higher, and I see "the" look on her face. I see her lip start to quiver and I quickly notify the boy in charge to "bring-er down a bit". Whew...that was a close call, and for 3 minutes she jumped until her heart was content or until the 3 minute time limit was up. We headed out to eat lunch with Matt and mom had rocked the day for a measly 6 bucks.
Thursday was another day that mom rocked. It was my birthday and I treated myself and Mattie to a pedicure. Of course she did choose the most awful purple polish with purple glitter on top, but it's spring break for crying out loud. She sat in the massage chair like she had done it a million times before. We had a great time, but I think I have created a monster. She fell in love with pedicures and she suggests we do this all the time.
Friday, Mattie and I did what she loves to do best of all, we went bowling. For some reason or another, the child loves to bowl no matter if it's on the Wii or at a real bowling alley, although the 2 are worlds apart. So, yet again, mom rocked the day with bowling and Chuck E. Cheese. Don't ask, because I don't know why in the world I let her talk me into going to that place. But she loves it and I love her, so that's what we did. As for brother, he got picked up early everyday right after his nap and we headed home so we could get some great playtime in with him. It was an awesome week, even if I do say so myself.

Until next time~
Vikki




1 comment:

Debbie said...

Wonder who will be getting a really good Mother's Day gift???
I love going to the Mall with Kaylin, we spend hours there just walking and looking. Okay ... maybe a little time is spent eating ice cream.