Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Bloggin' on my Birthday

Today is my first experience with creating a blog. I read a lot of blogs and I am fascinated with the idea. I just never thought I had enough interesting things to say. But, who really cares, right? I just wanted some way for me to keep up with our lives, day-to-day so I can look back and read about my kids growing up, because time goes by so fast and I want to document as much as I can.

Yes, today is my 33rd Birthday. I guess you never really think that you are the age you are. I sure don't feel 33. I feel somewhere in my twenties...but I am really glad that I am not. I would love to stay this age forever. I would love for my kids to stay their ages forever...I think. Mattie is 4 going on 14 and Nathan is 16 months old. My hubby Matt is also 33, so as Mattie says, "mommy and daddy are the same size!

Here is some history of the Boyett's;
Matt and I have known each other a long time. He went to school with people that I went to church with so we knew each other that way. Years past and we ran into each other often. We started hanging out more and more and before you knew it we began dating in 2000. We got engaged July 15, 2001 and got married January 2002. We bought our first house in October 2002 and Mattie Grace was born June 22, 2003. Nathan Bryant came along November 14, 2006. Here we are.......


So, anyway, that's the story of how we came to be.


As far as our day-to-day life goes, here it is in a nutshell. Matt works for a Government contracting company in the Human Resources Department. As for myself, I also work for a Government contracting company supporting a NATO program. I specifically work in Export Control and Security Control. We both love our jobs very much and feel very blessed to have them. Mattie and Nathan attend a local childcare center, Mattie will start Kindergarten in the fall. Ok, where did those 5 years go?


We are involved in a few other activities. We are faithful Christians and active members of Meridianville Church of Christ. We love our Church family and are blessed to have them. Mattie is the one who keeps us busy. She played Upward soccer last summer, Upward Basketball this winter and we have just started T-ball with Meridianville Athletic Association. She also takes Dance and Computer classes at her school and we will be starting swim lessons next week. She is a very enthusiastic gal and has a love for sports, but mostly, like Ernest T. Bass, she just wants the uni-form. I can not imagine what it will be like when Mr. Nathan gets into the activity mix.


Well, I guess that's all for my first blog. Let me know what you think.

I leave you with a few pictures from Uncle Adam (Matt's brother) & Aunt Carrie's wedding this past February.


Vikki





9 comments:

Matt Epperson said...

I'm the first to comment on your blog! Is it legal to force your kids to wear Crimson Tide gear? Just wondering...

Anonymous said...

Very cool!! Love the pics.

Larry Mom said...

Wow Vikki,

Happy Birthday!

Your blog is great! How do you have the time? Share your secret.

You are blessed with a wonderful family!

Leah said...

I can't believe Mattie is getting so grown up, and look at Nathan in that suit! Very cute pics!!

Leah said...

ok, How did I forget to say Happy Birthday?? Hope it's been a good one!!

Jen said...

Not sure if the last comment went thru so....Very Nice! I like to keep up with you too so keep it coming. Love Ya Happy Bday Again.

Amanda said...

HI!! YAY!! Now I can keep up with you too!! (I think I'm in the process of moving my blog to blogger too because mine keeps giving me problems) Anyway, for now I'm doing both until I decide for sure.. :)

So, HI!!

sandy steakley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU LOOK GREAT!!!THOSE KIDS ARE GROWING UP ON ME I CANT BELIEVE IT OH YOU FORGOT TO SAY THAT I WAS ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR MOMS AND A NANNA ALSO TO MATTIE AND NATHAN I THINK SANDIE THE REAL NANNA WILL SHARE YOU WITH ME I SHARE HER WITH TARAS KIDS SHE SAYS SHE IS THE OTHER NANNA WELL MATTIE IS JUST LIKE HER AND ITS GREAT !!! I LOVE YOU THIS IS AWESOME SEND THEM TO ME AGAIN I LOVE YOU SO MUCH SANDY

Sandie Gaught Mann said...

What a wonderful job you have done with your Blogg! I love you all so much! I am so happy for you and your family and please never stop laughing at what ever makes you laugh!!!
Love,
Mom