Monday, November 24, 2008

Ho Ho Ho.....

Did you ever have a really good thought or intention that just didn't quite get executed the way you thought it should have? That has seemed to happen every year that Mattie and now Nathan get their picture made with Santa. My thought is always to go on Sunday afternoon after lunch...get it, we (they) are already dressed nice and neat for a picture with Ole St. Nick. Well, we headed for lunch and then to the mall thinking we would time it just right so that we would smile and be headed home for Sunday afternoon naps. We walked up to the big purple chair (why purple), to not see Kris Kringle sitting there with a sign that reads..."will be back in 30 minutes"...huh? GOOD THING, I have a friend that was visiting the ville and she met us at the mall so we were able to chat and goo and gah over her 4 month old baby girl. So by the time Ho Ho Ho gets back in his chairy chair chair...the line is growing faster and faster. We have to wait about 15 minutes in line...how did that happen? By this time...it is WAAAAY past nap time and Nathan is kind of showing signs that he might sit in Santa's lap.....HA! Not so much! I started to sit him down and he hung on me like a koala bear in it's favorite tree. Guess what....they want mom in the picture....uh, NO! So, I sit Nathan on my lap and lean as far as possible so the picture lady can cut me out and fake a happy photo. We make our outrageous purchase and head home with screaming, tired children. Oh the joys of the holiday's.....

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Oh my gosh girl! That cracks me up! You had to lean over! I bet everyone got a kick out of that!

Debbie said...

After all that - you did end up with a cute picture. Why purple?? I wondered about that one over the past several years.

Leah said...

That is so funny! I just saw this pic over on facebook and was thinking how happy he was! So now we know the rest of the story. :)

Amanda said...

wow... from that picture you can't tell that any of this story is true.. I'm thinking I'll call shenanigans on this one!! LOL!!!