Monday, October 27, 2008

Best Friends

Mattie started to daycare at 3 months old. When she was 8 months old, I put her in a different daycare. That's when Mattie met Mykal. At 12 months old Mattie and Mykal changed daycare centers together. They recently graduated from Pre-Kindergarten together.


Although they do not go to the same school now, I hear Mykal's name at least several times a week. She either asks me what he is doing or tells me a funny story about when they played together. It must be hard to go from seeing your best buddy everyday for 5 years @ 9 hours a day to never seeing them. I had planned to take Mattie to watch Mykal's football game on Saturday, but it was cancelled. So, I got with his mother and scheduled a play date at Chuck E Cheese. They had so much fun seeing each other.



2 comments:

Amanda said...

what a sweet friendship!!!

Debbie said...

Childhood friends are wonderful – especially if you can keep in touch through the years. I think my oldest friend that I still talk to is from the 5th grade – hey I’m 51 so that’s pretty good!