Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Home from Vacation.....

And what a vacation it was. Let me preface by saying I love my children and my husband very much, and every time I am asked how was vacation, I reply with, "vacation is like childbirth, you forget how painful they are from one to another." Don't get me wrong, we had a wonderful time going to the pool, beach, zoo, race car track, restaurants, ice cream shops, souvenir shops, you get the idea. It was the daily dinner-time meltdowns of a 1 1/2 year old and an 4 year old that almost caused mamma and daddy to meltdown, well, we had our share.

It just never failed, we would play all day with these wonderful, fun-loving children full of laughter and joy. Then, it would be time to get dressed for dinner (mommy and daddy's favorite part of the trip). Mom would get ready and then daddy would get ready and in the meantime, the kiddos would watch T.V. and actually be still for 30 minutes or so, and before you knew it, the 4 year old would be fast asleep. You may ask, why did she not take a nap during the day? And, I would love to answer with a great response, but I don't have one. The baby did take a nap or two during the day, so his meltdowns were not sleeplessness related.

So, waking up a dozing 4 year old to hear crying, whining, and mumble-jumble words, I asked myself, where is that other child that was so happy just an hour ago?

We manage to get to the restaurant and the 4 year old reverts back to who she was a while ago, talking and having a decent time. Then brother decides it's time for him to show his stuff.

The problem with him is, he REFUSES to sit in a highchair. You may say, you can make him. And I may say, no I can't. It is very dangerous b/c most restaurant highchairs don't have buckles, therefore Mr. Houdini is able to escape and fall backwards onto his head. Thus, leaving mommy and daddy to hold him during meals.
Again, I love my children and my husband very much, but this does not make for a fun family dining event.
Aside from the dinnertime drama, we had a Wonderful Family Vacation as you can see in the following pictures....














~vikki~

1 comment:

Amanda said...

such beautiful babies!! it could have been worse... if your last name was Griswald!! ;)

Is Mattie naturally that tan?!?

FYI: BBQ and swimming at Paula's this Sunday after church until...

You guys should come!!