Monday, June 2, 2008

Alabama Sports Hall of Fame

Matt's great-uncle Don Mincher was inducted in to the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame this past Saturday night. What an honor it was to be there to witness such a special, momentous occasion for someone whom I have heard his name all of my life. Little did I know I would marry into the family and get to know and love him and the family first hand. I have a special place in my heart for Uncle Don because I know how much my late grandfather, John Gaught, adored him. They played baseball together for many years. I have been told that there are stories I am allowed to hear, and stories I am not allowed to hear.....I can only imagine with those fellows got into in years past. Here are a few photos from the evening..... Uncle Don and the lovely Aunt Pat Matt, Barry Kraus (former Alabama player that had the boys speechless) and Adam
A rare photo opt...mommy and daddy only....

Speaking of which, I must give props to my mother and Steve (big daddy) for babysitting the kids overnight. I know it was a daunting task, but you guys did a great job and I look forward to you offering to keep both of them again real soon.....between swimming, screaming, baths and buddy the dog getting loose having to chase him down the road with both kids AND getting them ready for Church the next morning. I don't forsee that invitation to watch them coming anytime too soon.......

Again, Matt and I thank you for a child-free evening.
~vikki~