Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The 12 Days of Mattie's Birthday

The 12 days of Mattie's birthday started Friday, with cupcakes and juice boxes, for her friends at school. Then, Friday night, my mother had a cookout for the June Birthday's which included; Clint (17th), Josh (20th), Mattie (22nd), Nikolas (27th) and Sherry (28th). Josh was asked what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday. He was a big fan of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, so that's what he chose. Unfortunately, Publix does not offer this as an option. Not wanting to disappoint my baby cousin, I made one for him.



The next morning, 10:00-12:00 to be exact, Mattie had a party at "Jump Z@ne". A huge building with many inflatable bounce houses with slides and such. A great party place for parents. I didn't have to do anything except sing Happy Birthday! It was great and the kids had a blast.







When her Jump party was over, Mattie asked to have a "special day" with mommy and daddy. Nathan was at Mimi and PopPop's because we knew we could not keep up with him at the Jump place. Therefore, Mattie knew how to work it to her advantage.
When we left the Jump Place, we went to Ch**burger Ch**burger for lunch. Then we took her to a place in the mall where you build your own "bear". Too bad for Mattie that she has been raised as an Alabama fan embedded into her blood and it was clear that there was no choice about which bear, turtle, monkey to make, obviously it would be an elephant. She was asked what she would like to name her elephant and thought for a moment, and said, "Ella". How clever was that? Ella the Elephant. Matt and I were truly impressed with her logical, yet fitting choice. Especially if you have ever heard the names of her other stuffed friends or baby dolls.



Although it is all about Mattie (as usual), I have to post a picture of the baby boy after we picked him up. His new thing is, every time he sees a camera pointed at him, he says, "cheese".

Then we decided to go see Matt's great Aunt Peggy. It has been a while since we last saw her and thought she might like to see Miss Thang on her Birthday.


Now we head home for an evening of playing with stuff we got for the big 5th birthday and get ready for the final celebration the next day. Pictured below are the chef's outfit that goes with our new E@sy B@ke Oven and H@nnah Mont@nna stools.


The next day was Sunday, which was the actual day of Mattie's birth. Oh the memories overjoy me on this day. Since it was Sunday, I thought I would have a small gathering after church and have a "Pizza Party". I decided to be creative again, and I made a cake that looked like a pizza. I put it in a pizza box. How fun is that?




So, there you have it. Yes, my child had 4 birthday parties, yes, she is spoiled. She is one light of my life and I can't believe she is 5 years old. Off to Kindergarten in just a few weeks. Where oh where does the time go?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

you are such a cool mommy!! I'll have to call you so you can help me with stuff like this!!