Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up (PICTURE OVERLOAD)

OK, I know you all have been dying to see pictures of swim lessons. These take place every Sunday afternoon. It was the only day of the week we had any "free" time. It really was not my intent to keep Matt from napping on the days he takes Mattie(or was it?). She is really enjoying swim lessons although I have learned a good lesson. Your kids will do things so much better for strangers than their own parents. For instance; Mattie's swim instructor puts her about a foot from the side of the pool and says "ready?" then she pushes Mattie's head under the water and toward the side of the pool so she can swim underwater to the side. Mattie comes up and grabs the side of the pool, gasping for air, and turns around and is ready to do it again. Now, if that were ME trying to teach her to swim and I did that, she would come up from the water gasping for air, screaming and crying, "ARE YOU TRYING TO DROWN ME?" Someone would for sure call DHR to report me. All the mothers at the swim lesson sit and talk about this phenomenon.

Here is the girl in action.....









Saturday morning was Mattie's first real T-ball game and boy it was stressful (on mom). She really did great but now I know how my mother has felt all of these years of me participating in activities in front of a crowd. I was a nervous wreck for her. Especially when she got up to bat. She did awesome, she hit the ball really hard to the first baseman, only because we had a girl on third we needed to get home. So, she got her first RBI. But I thought I would throw-up when the ball was hit to her at 3rd base, and she really didn't know what to do. She held the ball and kept the runner from running, so all in all, she did AWESOME, but I still feel nauseous when I think about it. I just wanted to run out there and do it for her. Boy, I have a long way to go of letting go. Also, since Matt and I volunteered to be "coach helpers", I somehow ended up with the "book" in my hand. For anyone that has ever kept "the books", it is simple in theory, but you cannot get distracted in the least. No matter how many times you have to tell the girls to get back in the dugout and wait for their time to be on deck. You still have to pay attention to the game. But thanks to my father-in-law for showing me the ropes, otherwise, I would have been in a world of hurt. You may ask, why can't Matt help you? Because, he is at home plate positioning the girls and trying not to get hit by a multitude of PINK bats while fixing the T.

Here is the All-Star player and her biggest fan, Nathan.














After Mattie's game Saturday morning, she rode home with Nana & Big Daddy and went to Joey's baseball game. While she was gone, Matt, Nathan and I did some things around the house and spent a lot of time outside. It is sooooooo different when I only have one of the kids at a time. I don't think I heard Nathan scream, not one time.... Here is my precious baby boy.....who is 17 months old today!



















If you look close, you can see Nathan waving to his daddy....how sweet is that?




















Here are the boys spreading seeds on the lawn...what a big helper......



















And here is Princess Mattie Grace, demanding a picture to be taken of her.

Funny story (to me), if you have not heard of the Jonas Brothers then you are likely not a teenage girl. Anyway, they are a Boy Band that all the pre-teens, teens and their moms are listening to right now. Of course, we have the CD.
So, we are sitting in Church listening to the sermon and the preacher was talking about a survey/study something to do with Joyce Brothers, and Mattie leaned over to me and said, "WE HAVE THAT CD."......I just smiled and shook my head yes. 1) It never occurred to her, why would he be talking about The Jonas Brothers, 2) I thought, I hope she does not know who Joyce Brother's is, 3) I just got some satisfaction that she was halfway listening to the preacher.




















Here are the Boys in my life



















Isn't he the sweetest thing???????




















Until next time.....
Vikki

4 comments:

Sandie Gaught Mann said...

How Sweet!!!!!
Love, Mom

Ginger said...

This phenomenon! That cracked me up! But you are so right about that! We are the world's most awful parents if we duck our kid's head under water! ha!
The pictures are great.

Amanda said...

such pretty babies!!

Carrie said...

L-O-V-E from VERY proud Uncle Adam & Aunt Carrie! *MUAH*