Friday, April 4, 2008

Sick and Tired of being Sick and Tired

I am so glad today is Friday. I have been pushing myself through this week with a terrible head/chest cold. I actually took Wednesday off of work, and for anyone who knows me, knows that I must have really not felt good. I really stayed at home because if I had to blow my nose one more time in front of an audience, I was going to scream. Also because of my coughing, you know that really deep cough that sounds so much worse than it really is. I didn't want anyone to think I was about to loose a lung. But here's a funny story that goes along with the day I took off. I woke up and started my normal routine. I got Matt and the kids up and I whispered to Matt that I would be taking the kids to school and then come back home for a sick day. So he took the kids downstairs while I finished getting ready. I came downstairs in a dress, I guess Matt expected jeans or jogging pants or something more casual. Anyway, he said, "did you change your mind about going to work"? I said no, I just can't let Mattie know that I am not going to work or she will want to stay home with me and I will get no rest at all. He said "well, that the most elaborate decoy I have ever seen." Looking back it was pretty elaborate, wearing a dress and all. But, I don't think I was in my right mind being so sick and all. It worked, Mattie never suspected a thing.


Here a few more pictures of T-Ball Opening Day (thanks mom for the pics).....



And her is my precious niece, Emily




2 comments:

Carrie said...

Thank you, thank you. I'm enjoying it, too! Tis a great stress reliever for me! Ha! I'm excited about the vacation. We have a busy summer this year which is not a bad thing. I can't wait till all of us go on a vacay together...THAT would be fun! :)

Amanda said...

I am so glad she (finally) got it! I decided to get all my little cousins something more educational this year. We are supposed to buy for our own kids, but I didn't have any!! This year I will(hopefully)!!