Monday, March 28, 2011

Balance is the Key

Balance between home/work, balance between husband/children, balance between child 1/child 2.  I feel like I am in a constant state of balance with a pole on top of my head steadying a plate and a plate on each hand/elbow/knee, you get the idea. Which one needs how much attention and at what point.  I'm not complaining, I'm just stating the facts. 

This upcoming weekend will be a new test of balance for the Boyett family.....
Up until this point, the only separation we have experienced is when we were in Memphis and Mattie was at home with Mimi & PopPop, which was hard, but manageable and Mattie understood given the circumstance and as a 6 year old, she was getting to do what she wanted to do.  Win/Win situation.

Saturday, Nathan will have his first T-ball Opening Day and mini-game.  I of course don't want to miss it, and Matt is the coach (so he can't miss it).  Mattie has a tournament in Georgia 2 hours away.  Dilemma.  Also, Saturday night, Nathan has his annual "Cancer Survivor Dinner" and Matt and I really don't want him to miss that!  So, it looks like I will beg ask a teammate to take Mattie with them.  I will stay to watch opening day.  I will then drive to Georgia to hopefully catch at least 2 of the 4 games Mattie has.  Matt and Nathan stay to go to the dinner.  I know Matt hates to miss the tourney and I hate to miss the dinner.
I know you are probably thinking, what's the big deal?  And your right, it's really not a big deal.  But, we have tried VERY hard to KEEP THE BALANCE.  I don't want Mattie to ever feel like her game is not as important as Nathan's, or, anything involving cancer takes presidence over anything else.  I know, as they get older, they will understand more, but until then, it is what it is. 
Hence, Balance is the Key....

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Your a great mother, your children know they are loved and cared for. When you get this "Balanced" thing figured out.. write a book because we all want to know how to do this. Until then, I think you have it under control and are and will do just fine.