Monday, May 4, 2009

Rome and Munich 2009

The title of my post cracks me up. Like yes, that was the trip I took in 2009, because I took so many trips to Rome and Munich, I may get them confused. Maybe it's just funny to me. Anyway, here are the photos from the trip. I took like 96 photos in Rome and only 5 in Munich, not as much to see there.

Flying in to Rome, Italy.
On the street right outside the hotel.
The Spanish Steps.
again...
me on top of Spanish Steps.

different view of Spanish Steps. again...
and again....
I really like these stores...Prada.
Jimmy Choo.
I would consider and alley, this is a main street in Rome.

Burberry. FENDI.

A monument of some sort, note the detail of the handcrafted work in the next photo.
amazing. Pantheon.

Swiss guard that guards the popes that have gone on....
Me and my bosses.
Trevi Fountain.
again...
I have no idea where we were eating.
but it was SO good.

just a few of the ga-zillion motor-scooters in Rome.
Historical building.
Monument. not sure...but pretty.
Ruins of old Rome.
which way? oh, that way Cesear, thanks.
Another main street.

I am fascinated by nuns.
The Colosseum.
Ruins.
Ruins.
I had never seen a real Maching Gun. A guard guarding the US Embassy. What a view!

Breathtaking. Hm, what is going on here in Vatican City?
Something must be going on....so I better have my picture taken.
Oh, don't worry, it's just the POPE!!!!!!!!!
El Popa again.

View from the top terrace of the hotel.
One last shot of Rome before I go....
The Swiss Alps flying from Rome to Munich.
A historical thing...
downtown Munich.
I just thought this was neat advertisment....I am such the target audience. If I knew what it said, I might have bought something.
There were clocks everywhere.

The hotel.


I told you, not much to see in Germany. I am so very grateful for the experience and I promise I did get some real work done while I was there.

Until next time

~Vikki

2 comments:

Ginger said...

ok, the pic of the colisseum gave me chills! i love old stuff like that!

Debbie said...

I enjoyed seeing your pictures... now I want to know what it is you do for a living that gets you trips like this?? All I get to see are sick people!