Monday, January 19, 2009

We've Come A Long Way

On this day, 7 years ago, Matt and I were married. And it has been truly harmonious since then. Do you hear the sarcasm? just kidding. We got engaged on July 15th 2001, the day my parents were married. Almost 6 months to the day we were wed. You may ask, why January, but to others it is simple. No way, no how, was I to get married in the months August (beginning of football season) through November (end of football season), that does leave 8 other months, but why dilly-dally? I had plenty of time to plan, so, we got married January 19th 2002. I chose the 19th because my birthday is March 19th and I thought it could help Matt remember. I am just as thoughtful now as I was then....


It was not a huge to-do, but it was just right for us. We talk about it year after year, and there is not one thing we would go back and change. In a chapel with 90-100 of our closest family and friends. We joke about it now, but neither one of us spoke the whole limo ride back to the house.


At that time, my mother had gotten married 6 months prior and she and Big Daddy bought a house and moved. She then, graciously, let Matt and I live in her house until we saved money and found a place of our own. 9 months later we moved 6 houses away from my parents and 3 miles away from Matt's parents. We love where we live and love the fact it is so close to our babysitters :o) We had been married for 10 months and been in our house 2 weeks and we found out I was pregnant. Matt's "Great" Aunt hired a housekeeper for us for while I was pregnant, and after Mattie was born I asked her to continue to come to the house, and she still comes...Basically, I have not had to clean the house since we moved in 6 years ago. HAHAHA! I am just as spoiled now, as I was then.


And before I knew it, when Mattie was 3 1/2 years old, here comes trouble, I mean, hear comes Nathan. He is not trouble, he is just ALL BOY!
So, here we are, 7 years, a house, 2 kiddos later and so happy. We thank God everyday for being so blessed with family, friends, health and happiness.
Happy Anniversary Matt. I love you, and thank you for the last 7 years and I look forward to the next 70!

6 comments:

SanMann said...

That was so sweet! You are so special and I thank God For both of you, Matt is a wonderful son-in-law!!!!!
Love,
Mother Mann

Amanda said...

Wow!! I remember your wedding and it doesn't seem like it was 7 years ago!! But I did love it and thought it was beautiful!!

btw, I went to talk to Kristi today and got a tour, tuition fees, etc... I just hope I get the assistance soon... there's a waiting list!! :(

Debbie said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful story for your children to read about their parents.

kyllie said...

I hope yall had a wonderful anniversary!! And you sound just like me: we got married in December, obviously to avoid football season, even though it was the day of the SEC Championship game, but alas, Alabama was on probation, so we knew they wouldn't be in the game, and we had the wedding early enough, that those who wanted to watch it had plenty of time to get home. (Haha, we even watched it once we got to our hotel in ATL)

And we got married the day after Jeremy's birthday, surely he can remember that ;)

Ginger said...

We are sick people. I scheduled my anniversary around Bama football also. It was in October because I HAD to have a fall wedding. But I made sure it was on Bama's off week. :)

one BleSSed gal! said...

Congratulations! I just need to say that I am SOOOOOOOOO jealous that you don't have to clean house! OH, what I would give to have a cleaning fairy :)